Mermaid wedding dress on real brides
Our new “Real Brides in Their Wedding Dresses” series continues with mermaid wedding dresses on real brides, submitted by hive members and bees alike.
Why a “Real Brides in Their Wedding Dresses” series?
If you missed the kick-off post, we launched a set of wedding dress surveys, starting with the seven most common styles of wedding dresses (you can find them here and at the bottom of this post, as well as on the Boards as a stickied post). And because I don’t know about you, but I had a heck of a time envisioning myself in wedding dresses based off of what I was seeing on models in wedding mags.
How can YOU participate?
Head to the bottom of this post to be featured here on the blog in your wedding dress. Psst: We’re not looking exclusively for real wedding photos! We’re all about photos of you trying on dresses at bridal shops…even if you loved the way the dress looked on you but it wasn’t “The One.”
These posts will continuously be updated to reflect new real wedding dress submissions, and eventually we hope they will be an amazing repository of REAL brides in wedding dresses that will help all of us get a better idea of what dresses would look like on people other than models.
If you’re considering a mermaid wedding dress, keep reading to see brides of all heights, shapes, and sizes in this flattering fit below.
Fit & Flare/Trumpet/Mermaid Wedding Dresses (submit your fit & flare/trumpet/mermaid wedding dress here)
- More info: Style name – Allure C369, a heavily beaded, ivory wedding dress
- Where I bought it: RK Bridal, New York, NY
- Price: $2600
jenfortin‘s Essense of Australia wedding gown
- More info: Essense of Australia D2224 – Ivory over Oyster lace with an added embellished belt (also from Essense of Australia)
- Where I bought it: Unveiled Bridal, Thunder Bay, ON
- Price: $1989 (with no tax)
powell2blevins Farage Dakar mermaid wedding gown
- More info: Designer – Farge Dakar
- Where I bought it: Weddings by Debbie – Houston, TX
optobee’s Pronovias mermaid wedding gown
- More info: This is the Pronovias Mildred; my tulle dream! It’s a trumpet silhouette with a sweetheart neckline. I got it in off-white. It features gorgeous ruching throughout the bodice, which helped create curves. The skirt/train is my favorite because it’s a cascade of tulle with horse hair trim. I loved walking around in this dress to watch the train move! Since I am 5’0″, and did not want to ruin the proportions by hemming too much off of the skirt, I ordered the dress as hollow-to-hem.
- Where I bought it: Ventura’s Bridal Fashion in Houston, TX
- Price: $2000
mrscrowley’s Essence of Australia wedding gown
- More info: Essence of Australia D1617, an ivory lace mermaid wedding dress over oyster catcher satin
- Where I bought it: Vocelle’s – The Bridal Shoppe in Talahassee, FL
- Price: $2,100
futuremrsjessicab‘s Enzoani wedding gown
- More info: Enzoani Jodie – It was perfect for me. For any Jodie ladies out there, I highly recommend sewing in a hoop skirt!
ThalyB‘s Eve of Milady wedding gown
- More info: Eve of Milady 1559 fit and flare wedding dress, with crinoline underneath for extra volume
- Where I bought it: Anjolique Bridal, Cornelius, NC
audreyjudith‘s Hayley Paige wedding gown
- More info: Hayley Paige Emeryn gown – I’m in love! Great dress for curvy brides. It really balances everything out.
SarahMeowBride‘s Maggie Sottero wedding gown
- More info: Maggie Sottero Divina fit and flare wedding dress
mariedior2017‘s Mori Lee wedding gown
- More info: Mori Lee 3116
Natalie101985‘s Mori Lee wedding gown
- More info: Mori Lee 3184
Ridley_Wedding‘s Mori Lee wedding gown
- More info: Mori Lee 3124 – Who said plus size chicks can only wear Cinderella ball gowns? See ma, I can wear a fit and flare!
tigerlizzy‘s Sottero & Midgley wedding gown
- More info: Sottero & Midgely Faith gown – the color is light gold/ivory
Mrs Elk’s Romona Keveza L854, a lace mermaid with cap sleeves. Photo: Ruby Star Photography
Mrs. Hyena’s Mori Lee wedding dress. Photo: DB Photography
Mrs Jaguar’s La Sposa ‘Madeira’, a strapless, ivory satin and lace gown + Paloma Blanca lace bolero. Photo: Follan Photography
Mrs. Pony’s Paloma Blanca #3691, a v-neck, fit and flare wedding dress with lace on the bust and hem. Photo: Jamie Grant Photography
Mrs. Rainbow’s Wedding Dress by Brides By Demetrios. Photo: Jessica Charles Photography
Mrs. Pain au Chocolat’s dream gown was “Wallis” by Melissa Sweet from Priscilla of Boston. Photo: Heather Fowler Photography
Be a part of this ongoing “Real Brides in Their Wedding Dresses” Feature! Just fill out the corresponding survey to your wedding gown style, which will prompt you to upload your dress photo to the Weddingbee Gallery, and then once at least 10 people with that style of wedding gown have filled out the survey, it will become a post on the Weddingbee blog!
The posts will continuously be updated to reflect new wedding gown submissions, and eventually we hope they will be an amazing repository of REAL wedding gowns to inspire bees for years to come.
If you want to participate in this Real Wedding Gowns series, select your style of wedding gown below and fill out the corresponding survey! Remember, we want to see what the dress looks like on your body. No hanger or model shots, please!
Don’t see your style here? No worries! Drop us a note in the comments on this thread, and if we get enough interest in that style (minimum of 10 bees) we will create a new survey for that wedding dress style!