So I already gave you all a small sneak peek of our invitations (the envelopes) and how we finally got to transform brochures into our booklet Invitations. I also shared how hard it was to let them go, because it was a TRUE labor of love, and took LOTS of hours of work.
And finally, the time has come! Let me introduce you to the Poodles’ invitations! â™¥
(click on images to enlarge)
Here you can see the envelope and the front and back of the invitation (each envelope only has one; I put both of them there just so I could show it all together).
the front of our envelopes—I blogged the process here
the back with a close-up of the back side of our wrap-around labels
this is how it will look when our guests get them
Now let’s remove the belly band and check out what’s inside!!
My favorite details of the first page—I love the heart between our last names
here’s the second page—on the left, our map, and on the right, the front of the RSVP page
I love drawing maps! It’s so much fun!
front of the RSVP detail
the third page—on the left, the back of our RSVP page, on the right, our “Love Timeline”
back of the RSVP detail
Want to read it?
the back of the invitation
Well, that’s IT!
That’s our booklet wedding invitation, but I also wanted to show off the thank you cards we’ll be sending out!
I totally love the texture I drew for the invitations, so you’ll be seeing that on a lot of wedding related projects!
The budget breakdown for them is as follows:
- 120 Brochures: free (I won a giveaway from UPrinting)
- 200 Envelopes: $2.00 (I bought them in Chile)
- 1 Pack of white cardboard: $3.00 (at Michaels using a discount coupon)
- Return Address stamp: $10.00 (I ordered it without the clear block)
- Staz-On Inkpad in Purple: $4.00 (at Michaels using a discount coupon)
- Brown, Purple and white thread: $6.00 (at Michaels using a discount coupon)
- Brown Kraft paper bags: $7.00 (at Costco, it’s a big box that I’ll be using for other wedding crafts, too. I made the belly bands with them)
- Postage: $58.20 ($48.40 for 110 $0.44 U.S. stamps and $9.80 for 10 $0.98 international stamps)
TOTAL: $90.20 for 120 invitations, or $0.75 per invitation! Pretty cool, huh?
(Thank you cards are not included in the breakdown)