It’s food time y’all! We opted to keep our reception simple and laid-back by having a customizable burrito bar provided by Freebirds. Let me tell you, they did an awesome job. It was freakin’ delicious!!!
Not only did they make burritos (huge ones), they also made nachos, quesadillas and salads upon request! And they got our group of 80ish people through their line in about 45 minutes!
This may seem weird but I requested that our photographer take a picture of us eating as proof that we did, as bride and groom, have time to chow down on the food that we served at our wedding.
Is that love in our eyes? Or just a love of Freebirds? 😉
And what goes great with burritos? Toast, or course! I mean, toasts, from our MOH and BM.
My big sis kicked things off with a very sweet, very speedy toast. I have to give her props. She hates talking in front of people and she made it through. She just talked at hyper-speed so I was probably the only one that actually understood her. Oh well.
Then Mr. P’s dad, his BM, gave his speech. It was also sweet and very fatherly. Mr. P is one lucky son.
They did a awesome job and what would have been great was if Mr. P or I stepped up and said a few words thanking everyone for being there, but we’re horrible and we forgot.
I think we were excited for cake. Mmmm cake! Cake’s up next!
*All photos taken by Nathan Russell
- Texas Twosome: The Week Before We Get Hitched!
- Texas Twosome: The Day Before We Got Hitched!
- Texas Twosome: The Girls Get Their Hair Done!
- Texas Twosome: We Set Up!
- Texas Twosome: The Men Get All Handsome!
- Texas Twosome: I Become a Bride!
- Texas Twosome: Our First Look!
- Texas Twosome: Just the Two of Us!
- Texas Twosome: We Walk!
- Texas Twosome: Ceremony, Part 1
- Texas Twosome: Ceremony, Part 2
- Texas Twosome: Getting Comfortable with the Idea of Marriage
- Texas Twosome: Our First Spin