I didn’t have a chance to share my somethings with you before the wedding, so here we go!
Something New: dress, shoes, and jewelry
I loved my dress…
…and all of the detail on the waist…
…and the bust.
My bracelet was from J. Crew. I thought the pearls and rhinestones echoed the detail on the waist perfectly.
My necklace was a gift from my mom.
My earrings were the first piece of jewelry I picked for my wedding ensemble.
Something Old and Blue: antique gazelle pin
I wanted something to represent Weddingbee on me. I found this gorgeous antique silver gazelle pin on eBay. I tied a blue ribbon to it to represent my something blue.
I pinned the gazelle to the crinoline under my dress.
Something Borrowed: garter and bees
My friend Tara lent me her garter that a friend had handmade for her. It was so sweet of her to let me borrow it. It was absolutely gorgeous. We did not do a garter toss so only a few people knew it was there.
I also had the travelling bees with me that have been making their way around the hive! Unfortunately by the time I got them (darn you Canada Post strike!) I didn’t have much of an idea for how to incorporate them on the day. I carried the bees in my purse.
How did you incorporate the somethings in your wedding day ensemble?
*All photos courtesy of the amazing Sakura Photography*
Get caught up with the Gazelle recaps!
- Walking on Sunshine: Getting Glam
- Walking on Sunshine: to the Salon!
- Walking on Sunshine: Step by Step
- Walking on Sunshine: Last Night as a Single Gal
- Walking on Sunshine: Our Rehearsal Lunch
- Walking on Sunshine: We Rehearse
- Walking on Sunshine: Let’s Hike Up a Mountain
- Walking on Sunshine: We Arrive in Vancouver
- Walking on Sunshine: Pre-Wedding Vacation