As the DJ played our last few songs, I saw MIL Ladyfingers going around the deck, passing out our farewell bells. I didn’t really think much of it, until our catering manager went rushing after her, intoning, “Nonononononoooo!” I guess she’d seen the trays of bells and just thought it would be nice to hand them out to people.
Eventually, though, it really was time to ring our bells as we left the venue. Our farewell bells. As in, farewell, because we’re married”¦ and the wedding, it’s over. Just like that!
Photos by Shorts Shots Photography
- We made final preparations, visited with family members, rehearsed, and ate a miniature Mr. Ladyfingers
- The girls and I got gussied up and headed out to the venue
- I got all verklempt, the people took their places, and I waited quietly, alone
- We kinda got a little married
- We stood for portraits
- We twirled together as man and wife to the most perfect song there is
- We ate, toasted, cut cake, and prepared to party
- We had some musically heartfelt moments with our parents
- We partied like it was 1999
- We flung intimate objects at our friends and family members