Before we knew it, it was time for toasts…
…and Mr. Hawk’s brother, Best Man J, was up. Since J is a bit of a jokester, I’ll admit I was slightly apprehensive to hear what kind of stories J was planning to tell in front of all our family and friends.
Instead, he kept it short and sweet, expressing how happy he was for the both of us
My best friend and MOH, A, took the mic next.
In her always-completely-honest fashion, she started by saying that she was one of those people who didn’t quite know if we were “meant to be” when we first started dating.
But over the years she saw how we grew and learned from each other. She noted that I was the only one who truly appreciated and laughed at all of Mr. Hawk’s super-corny jokes…
…and that I was teaching Mr. Hawk to be a bit more sensitive.
After a few laughs, she toasted to our marriage and happy future.
Our DOC/Master of Ceremonies, Liz, took center stage next to give Mr. H a quick lesson in having a happy marriage.
After a couple rounds of practicing his best “Yes, Dear”…
…Liz let him off the hook and Mr. Hawk received a warm round of applause from all our guests.
Daddy Hawk was our grand finale. Being one of those people who can befriend anyone and make them feel comfortable, he completely commanded the room’s attention during his speech.
He spoke about how I had confessed to him that Mr. Hawk was my soul mate.
And he gave sage marriage advice about the importance of supporting each other.
It was filled with both laughs and tears.
In conclusion, he invited my sister to join him as they both said a prayer for our family.
By the end there was not a dry eye in the house, and I heard about it from both female friends and grown men alike the rest of the night. It was the perfect, heartfelt touch to our reception.
All photos by Valerie Demo Photography
Miss a Hawk recap? Don’t fret! Catch up here:
- We review our planning journey
- We rehearse and welcome our guests
- The girls get pretty
- I share my bridal details
- Mr. Hawk becomes a groom
- Our first look
- We take photos at Crim Dell Bridge
- We explore campus for more photography
- The groomsmen ham it up
- The bridal party channels their inner model
- The entire wedding party regroups
- My last moments as a Miss
- Welcome to our wedding ceremony
- The bridal party procession
- Miss Hawk’s walk down the aisle
- We’re married!
- We were surrounded by love during our impromptu receiving line
- We take our family formals
- All our reception details
- I scarf bread ends while our guests enjoy cocktail hour
- We make our grand entrances
- Mr. Hawk and I have our first dance
- Daddy Hawk and I dance
- Mr. Hawk’s mother-son moment
- We eat! (Yes, we actually ate!)
- Cheesin’ it up in the photo booth
- We dance and the boys break out cigars
- We cut our cake