In this modern era of weddings, the best way to communicate with all your wedding guests and tell them everything they need to know about your upcoming nuptials is the wedding website. While some brides and grooms opt to forego the wedding website, other couples use it for everything—including RSVPs and registry information.
While most wedding website builders offer the same types of features—an “about us” page, an RSVP feature, a wedding event schedule, a spot for your registries—there are some distinct differences that can set each of these wedding websites apart. So, how do you know which one to choose? We break down the pros and cons of the most popular wedding websites to help you decide and get started on your web copy.
WeddingWire has been connecting local wedding vendors and engaged couples since 2005 as their primary business, but over the years they have introduced wedding planning tools such as the ability to create a website, create a wedding checklist, a guest list, and more.
- WeddingWire’s website builder is easy to use, even if you have zero to little knowledge on how to build a web page.
- It’s free to build a website on WeddingWire, and the only upgrade available to the wedding planner is the ability to purchase a custom domain for their website. (A couple can, however, choose a unique URL for the website.)
- You can link your wedding registry with a WeddingWire website.
- It’s easy to add information about accommodations for out-of-town guests, and you can even directly link to the websites for major hotels. You also have the ability to embed a widget from Airbnb events, which lets guests look at Airbnb reservations near the venues where your ceremony and reception will be held.
- As far as design goes, it’s a little limited. There aren’t many font options, and while there are many template designs to choose from, you don’t get a lot of design flexibility once you choose your particular template.
Originally starting as a “portal” on AOL, now The Knot is a behemoth of the wedding industry, giving brides and grooms a whole bevy of articles, planning tools, and access to vendors. They also conduct research on weddings and publish several national and regional magazines.
- The wedding website builder is easy to use and a wedding website can be set up in just a few minutes by a person of any skill level.
- You can choose from hundreds of attractive templates, some of which look quite modern and sophisticated.
- There are a few features unique in the world of wedding websites, including The Newlywed Fund (a cash wedding registry that links directly to your bank account), the ability to link a charity registry (in lieu of a gift), and an activities section where you can put addresses and details for out-of-town guests looking to play tourist while they’re in town for the wedding.
- You can add photos with the use of an Instagram hashtag, which will aggregate directly to your wedding website.
- It’s an upcharge to personalize your wedding website URL, which is $19.99 for one year and $39.98 for two years.
The website Minted is a marketplace of artists and creators who primarily sell graphic design work, stationery, and artwork. They also have a specific wedding division where you can buy invitations, set up a wedding website, and buy wedding favors.
- With a Minted wedding website you can create a cohesive theme with your invitations (assuming you buy them on Minted.com).
- The designs are attractive, modern, and it’s unlikely that you won’t be able to find one that you like.
- Building the website is pretty intuitive, and it wouldn’t take you very long to set up.
- In order to post a photo gallery, you have to pay a one-time premium charge of $20. Unless you pay that amount, you can’t put any photos on the website except where it’s allowed on the main page.
- You don’t have the ability to create custom pages, so unless you upgrade you are only allowed the home, RSVP, events, wedding party, travel, and gift registry pages.
Joy is a company that exclusively offers an interface for couples to create a wedding website and a corresponding app. It’s completely free to use the website service and the app, and it also has the ability to import spreadsheets for guest lists and to manage RSVPs.
- We already mentioned that it’s completely free, but it’s worth mentioning again. Not only do you get free access to their website builder, but you also get the corresponding app for free as well.
- The designs are beautiful. These are by far the most modern, chic, and trendy wedding website designs out of all of the most popular wedding websites.
- With the app, you get the ability to have your guests share pictures, look at the wedding schedule, and even meet other guests.
- You can’t create a custom website URL.
- You can’t resize photos or change photo placement.