You might think you know your partner, but how much do you know about them really? Do you know their biggest dreams, desires, fears, and everything else in between? Communication and connection is crucial in relationships, and whether you’re in a long-term relationship or building a new one, getting to know someone as deeply as you can is so important. So how do you get to know your significant other really well? One way is by asking good questions! Questions allow us to reflect, confront, and assess ourselves on levels we might not even have considered if not asked. In turn, asking questions forces us to not make assumptions about our partners, and rather give them the opportunity to express their inner truths to us.
Wondering which questions to ask? Don’t worry. We came up with 35 relationship questions to bring you and your partner closer.
1. What was your first impression of me?
2. What was your favorite part of our first date?
3. What was the moment when you knew I was “the one”?
4. If you could do one thing differently in our courtship, what would you do?
5. What about our relationship makes you really happy?
6. What about our relationship frustrates you?
7. How do you feel about the amount of time we spend together?
8. What’s your biggest hope for our relationship?
9. What’s your biggest fear about our relationship?
10. What stands out the most for you from our wedding day?
11. What did you feel when you saw me walking down the aisle?
12. If there’s one thing you could change about our wedding day, what would that be?
13. What would constitute the perfect date night for you?
14. What are the three things that we most have in common?
15. What are the three biggest differences that we have?
16. What’s your favorite memory of us?
17. If we could travel anywhere in the world, where would you most want to go?
18. What word would you choose to describe our relationship?
19. What do you value the most about our relationship?
20. What’s the one thing that I do that drives you the most crazy?
21. What’s the one thing that I do that drives you the most crazy with desire?
22. How would you rate our sex life?
23. Is there anything about our sex life that would you want to change? What is it?
24. What’s your biggest sexual fantasy? How can I fulfill that for you?
25. How would you rate our affection? Do you think we could be more affectionate?
26. What do you think our relationship with our finances? Do you think we could tackle it together in a different way?
27. How do you think we can improve our finances?
28. Do you think the household chores are divided evenly? What would you change? What would you prefer I take on?
29. How can I make your day easier?
30. What’s your idea of the perfect weekend together?
31. When it comes to having kids, do you want to have kids? How many?
32. When do you want to start planning to have kids?
32. What kind of parent do you think I’ll be?
33. What’s the one thing you’re scared to ask me, but want to know about me?
34. What do I mean to you?
35. What do you think you mean to me?
Asking the right questions allows you to strengthen your bond and get to know each other all over again. Have fun with the questions above. You might even want to make a date night out of it. Order a pizza, grab a bottle of wine, and get connected. And remember: there is no such thing as a bad question!