Yesterday I wrote a post about destination wedding timelines and how they are trickier to find than the standard wedding timelines that are all over Pinterest. Even with a timeline all laid out in front of you, things come up and they are difficult to stick to. I thought it might be helpful to share the actual order of events that have taken place as we have been planning our destination wedding in Mexico (so far!).
What “they” say you should have prepared…
12–9 months before wedding date:
- Think about the type of wedding ceremony you both would like and the number of guests that will be attending, compile the guest list.
- Research destination wedding locations and the marriage license requirements.
- Choose a wedding venue.
- Choose a wedding date.
- Send save the dates.
- Consider visiting the destination to be sure this is THE spot for you.
9–6 months before wedding date:
- Review menus and packet information—get an idea of the items that you think you may want at your event.
- Send out invitations.
- Set up wedding website with information on destination location.
- Arrange transportation, guests purchase flights.
- Register for gifts.