Jazz makes your wedding! Jazz livens things up and makes people feel good, even non jazz fans!
Dave Jones plays almost every style of jazz for your rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony and reception:
Warm Stan Getz style Bossa Novas (Girl From Ipanema, Corcovado, etc.); American Songbook standards made famous by Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald and others (It Had To Be You, etc.); "Gypsy Jazz" hits, such as After You've Gone and Sheik Of Araby; Basie and other big band swing and blues tunes like Route 66 and Cute; Jazz standards made famous by Miles Davis and others (Four, Blue Bossa, Take Five) and, Classic Jazz ("Dixieland") favorites such as When The Saints Go Marching In and St. Louis Blues.
You can hire Dave:
As a solo artist: Dave has perfected the art of creating a lively ambiance for your event, without being too loud or intrusive. Dave plays with unique "backing tracks" he makes himself, using a top quality sound system (you can hear what it sounds like on his website). Close your eyes and you'll think you're in a sophisticated jazz supper club!
As a duo with vocalist Shari Pol: Shari has been singing professionally in a variety of venues since the age of 18 and brings a warm sophistication to classic tunes from the American songbook. You can hear her sing on "Blue Skies", "Call Me" and "You Go To My Head" on the MP3 player on the Listen page on Dave's website
1. Unless agreed to otherwise, all engagements require a 50% deposit at the time of booking, and the balance due is to be paid immediately upon completion of the engagement. Payment may be made by cash, check or credit card.
2. Since in many cases Dave has declined other offers for the date(s) of your booking, the 50% deposit is non-refundable (except in the case of "acts of God" emergencies). Please notify Dave as soon as you know you are cancelling your booking.
3. For outdoor events, clients are encouraged to have alternate indoor locations arranged in the case of extreme weather.
4. Once Dave has set up his equipment, full payment is required even if you cancel the gig.
5. Extra charges may be incurred if: a) equipment has to be moved to a second location during the gig; b) requested songs have to be learned; c) extra playing time is requested; d) equipment has to be carried up and down stairs, onto boats, or over rough terrain.
Dave's Jazz adds romance, sophistication and fun, all at the right volume level and price, for your happy day!
References available upon request.
Frequently Asked Questions about Band
What is the average price for a wedding reception during peak season?
Which of the following are included in the price?
Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Music During Breaks, Reception Music, Sound/PA System, Travel Expenses
What is the price of your popular wedding package?
Which of the following are included in the package?
Music During Breaks, Reception Music, Sound/PA System, Travel Expenses
Are you an agency or a band?
How many musicians are in your band(s)?
1 - 3
What genres of music does (do) your band(s) play?
Big Band, Jazz, Latin, Swing
What music services do you provide?
Instrumentals, Cocktail Hour Music, Reception Music, Music During Breaks, Rehearsal Dinner Music, Vocals, Liability Insurance, Willing to Travel
What items are available?
Microphones, Sound/PA System