| What is it that makes one band different from another?
What is it that influences YOUR decision making process?
- Is it "The Sound"?
- Oracle Band is an affordable six piece band with a 15 piece sound. Through the use of cutting edge technology Oracle will provide the kind of sound you hear on the original recordings. We play the parts, not just the chords. Intricate vocal harmonies (everyone in the band sings), violin / fiddle virtuosity, rock solid bass & drums, dynamic trumpet work, exciting guitar riffs...it’s all there. Some people have said they couldn’t believe a sound that full could come from a group this small. Best of all, despite the big, fat, full sound, the volume is NEVER too loud. YOU have the final word on volume, and we are well aware that a wedding is an event where family and friends want to socialize OFF the dance floor as well as on it. We’ll ensure that everyone can hold a normal conversation without having to shout.
- Is it the repertoire?
- With over 500 songs for you to choose from, there are certain to be plenty of your favorites from the following styles:
- Top 40
- Classic Rock
- Big Band / Standards
- If there’s a special song you’d like for your first dance or parent dance that we don’t already do, we’ll learn it for you, no problem. As if that weren’t enough, since we bring a live DJ to each wedding, we can spin ANY of your favorite songs in between the band’s sets. You get the excitement and energy of a live band, coupled with the expansive repertoire of a DJ, all in one reasonably priced package.
- Want to check out our repertoire? Head on over to the Oracle Band Songlist Page and see for yourself the kind of variety we offer
- Is it the PRICE?
- Ah...we struck a "chord" (sorry) there! It’s usually the first question anyone asks, and it tends to be the last one anyone wants to answer. We’re not afraid to put it right out front. We charge the same amount no matter what. Hiring a band shouldn’t be like buying a used car, where you have to "negotiate". Oracle charges $2400 for a four hour reception within the Maryland / Northern Virginia / Washington DC metropolitan area, and $400 for each additional hour. We feel this is one of the most competitive rates you’ll find anywhere.
- Is it the attitude?
- Are you ready for some FUN? We are! We wouldn’t be doing this if we didn’t LOVE what we do. When WE have fun, EVERYONE has fun! A wedding is never "just another gig" to Oracle. We enjoy each and every performance, we treat them ALL as the most important, and yet we respect the fact that this is YOUR wedding, not a band showcase. YOU are the stars of the show, not the band. Your wedding day should be a reflection of YOUR passions, YOUR tastes, and YOUR personalities. Oracle will help to ensure that your wedding day bears the mark of YOUR personality.
- Our commitment to you doesn’t end when the ink on the contract is dry. We are always available for consultation as you move forward with your plans. If you need ideas, if you want to bounce ideas off of us, or if you’re uncertain about any aspect of the planning process, you’re always welcome to give us a call, or drop us an e-mail Since we are an independent band you are always dealing directly with the band members and not through a third party agent that may or may not pass your wishes on to the band.
We’d love to have you come out to hear the band perform live. We maintain an extensive public performing schedule so you can come out to hear the band live without having to crash someone else’s wedding! Many bands today consider themselves above performing in nightclubs or restaurants, but hey...Oracle is different...remember? We LOVE to play, no matter where it may be.
You can find out where we’ll be performing by visiting the Oracle Band Calendar Page. We have all of our public performances listed, as well as directions to all of the locations. This is how you should be evaluating bands, by hearing and seeing them perform live, wthout having to crash someone else’s wedding! Unfortunately far too many bands these days consider themselves beneath performing in clubs or restaurants.
Our website also has literally thousands of photos from various public performances. Check out the Oracle Band Photo Galleries and you can see for yourself just how much fun everyone has at one of the band’s performances. We have created a special photo gallery right here on the WeddingWire website of photos we’ve taken at many of the various weddings we have performed at over the years.
From indoors to outdoors, from afternoons to evenings, we get people to DANCE! Check out the faces of the folks on the dance floor. They are having FUN! You can also see how we interact with the crowd, from bringing the kids up on stage with us to play a tambourine to bringing the wedding party up with us to sing a song.
Are you out of town and perhaps can’t make it out to one of our live performances? That’s OK. You can listen to over 100 song excerpts right from our website. All of the clips you hear were recorded directly off the mixing board in live performance. What you hear is what you get. There were no studio tricks, overdubs, retakes, or anything like that. Go to our Audition the Band page to give us a listen.