Weddingbee reserves the right to reject or remove any ad that is not consistent with the spirit of Weddingbee policies or the law. Please review these Guidelines below and make sure any transactions you conduct fully comply.
The Classifieds are intended to be used as a marketplace for individual users selling wedding-related products. The Classifieds are not to be used as a marketplace for vendors including, but not limited to: photographers, wedding planners, caterers, videographers, makeup artists, officiants, florists, event designers, DJs/musicians, venues, or transportation companies. To advertise your service on Weddingbee, please visit our partner, WeddingWire.
Weddingbee does not screen or control users who may sell or buy on Classifieds, nor does Weddingbee review or authenticate all listings, items, or services offered for sale. Therefore, users of this service should be aware that:
- Sellers and buyers are completely and solely responsible for negotiating the purchase, sale, and exchange of goods.
- Weddingbee is not responsible for resolving disputes between sellers and buyers.
- Sellers and buyers are responsible for researching and complying with any applicable laws, regulations or restrictions on items, services, or manner of sale or exchange that may pertain to transactions in which they participate.
- Sellers and buyers are responsible for all applicable taxes and for all costs incurred by participating in the Classifieds.
Classifieds users agree to:
- not use or manipulate this service for any fraudulent activity or purpose, including collecting payment from buyers and not providing the item or service purchased, or filing false claims for insurance payments;
- not represent the item that user is selling in a false or misleading way;
- not copy, modify, or distribute any other person’s content without their consent;
- not request money by wire transfer or solicit bank account information;
- not harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent;
- not spam Weddingbee’s system and/or impose an unreasonably or disproportionately large load on Weddingbee’s system;
- not put any material on the Classifieds that contains any viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or personal information;
- not solicit Weddingbee users to post ads on other classifieds sites; and
Classifieds users must only create listings that are product-specific. The listing must not attempt to sell services. The listings must not contain opinions and/or promotions for events. The listing must not be general in nature.
It is the responsibility of both the seller and the buyer to ensure that the items or services listed for sale and bought by users are appropriate for sale under all applicable laws and regulations. SELLER MAY NOT CREATE POSTINGS FOR AND/OR SELL THE FOLLOWING ITEMS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE:
- Any item that has been the subject of a product recall by the U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, other government agency, or product manufacturer.
- Any item that violates any U. S. export law or regulation, including any items subject to the terms of the U. S. embargoes against Afghanistan, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Serbia (former Yugoslavia), and Sudan.
- Event tickets sold for prices that are in violation of the laws or regulations of the event venue.
- Any item or service that is harmful to minors, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
- Any item that infringes the rights of a third party, including items that violate copyrights, trademarks, publicity, or privacy rights of third parties. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Unauthorized copies of software, music, video games, movies, photos, or other media.
- Bootleg recordings of concerts, movies, or other performances.
- Sale of back-up copies of software.
- Any item that is counterfeit or stolen, including, without limitation, the following:
- “Replicas,” “knock-offs,” in the same “style” as, or “fake” versions of a name brand product.
- Counterfeit, or for the purpose of producing counterfeit, currency, stamps, government identification.
- Inauthentic sports collectibles, celebrity autographs, or otherwise inauthentic versions of memorabilia or other items with inauthentic signatures.
- Any item that promotes, glorifies, or is directly associated with groups or individuals known principally for hateful or violent positions or acts, such as Nazis or the Ku Klux Klan.
- Any animals or animal items that are subject to regulations or laws for the protection of live animals, including endangered species and domesticated animals, as well as any products made from or including any parts of an animal protected by law or regulation.
- Gambling items (including, without limitation, lottery tickets, sweepstakes, pyramid schemes, grab bags, raffles, slot machines).
- Individual contracts, services, and any item that is non-transferable.
- Non-packaged food items and other food or beverage items sold in a manner inconsistent with federal, state, or legal regulations.
- Any used goods not appropriate for resale for safety, health, or other reasons, including any clothing items that have not been appropriately cleaned.
- Any items that are “adult oriented” in nature or marketed in an objectionable manner, as determined in Weddingbee’s sole discretion.
- Weight loss drugs and nutritional supplements
- Any other item or service that violates any applicable federal, state, or local law or regulation or which Weddingbee determines, in its sole discretion, is inappropriate for sale through the services provided by Weddingbee.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT
You must produce your own listing content. You must avoid “borrowing” text or images (including photos) from other listings, a manufacturer’s web site, product catalogs, or other sources without specific permission from the owner. Images and text found on the Internet do not necessarily mean that they are not protected by copyright laws. Copyright laws apply to the Internet, and manufacturers or other copyright owners and they may object to the use of text or images that they own or have created. Your posting should have its own descriptive text, and your own photos.
Do not post content that infringes the rights of third parties. This includes, but is not limited to, content that infringes on intellectual property rights such as copyright and trademark (e.g., offering counterfeit items for sale). Weddingbee reserve the right to remove content where we have grounds for suspecting the violation of these terms, our policies or of any party’s rights.
Prohibited spam or otherwise impermissible marketing activities on the Classifieds may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Posting an ad that is unrelated to the category in which the ad is placed.
- Posting identical ads in the same category and location.
- Posting an ad with inappropriate links, titles, descriptions, or unauthorized use of content to which the person posting does not have rights.
- Posting an ad for the sole purpose of collecting user information or raising money.
- Posting an ad that contains unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials. This may include an ad that instructs the user(s) to contact the person/company posting the ad for more information and then requires the user to pay a fee for that information.
- Posting an ad that requires a user to register before getting detailed information about the product or position.
- Posting an ad through unauthorized robots (crawling software).
- Soliciting a Site user to post an ad in another classifieds site.
FEES AND SERVICES
The Classifieds are free to use.
You may pay a fee to list your ad as a featured ad. Once your ad is published in the Classifieds, the ad fee is non-refundable.
REMINDER OF WEDDINGBEE’S DISCLAIMER
By using the Weddingbee Classifieds, you agree not to hold Weddingbee responsible user-to-user interactions. We cannot guarantee items that are being sold or represented, nor can we mediate issues regarding quality, legality, non-payment, and the like. Weddingbee is not liable for any loss, whether of money or items being exchanged.
WEDDINGBEE’S RIGHT TO TERMINATE
Weddingbee reserves the right to change or modify these Guidelines at any time without notice.
UPDATED: APRIL 11, 2013